Can I Be Added To My Mums Council Tenancy Agreement

by admin on September 13, 2021

Yes, you can do this – as long as you have a secure flexible lease (for life) or a five-year lease (we do not give permission for introductory rental contracts). Before making improvements, you need the agreement of Waverley Borough Council and, if so, you will need to obtain a building permit and comply with building rules. All work must be carried out by skilled craftsmen. All electrical work must be performed by a qualified electrician and a certification number. A Council lease may only be bequeathed once, unless the lease provides for more than one succession. You can inherit the tenancy as long as it was in your home at the time of your roommate`s death and you lived together for at least 12 months before you died.

Previous post:

Next post: